3956 votes
3665 votes
2909 votes
2843 votes
2463 votes
2274 votes
2248 votes
2105 votes
Before you partake in the Crimson Ingot Forum - ensure you are aware of our Forum Rules

Random pop-up ads on site

8 replies
184 posts
+89 votes
+8 Points
Hey guys, anyone notice theres random ads on the crimsoningot website? Like on the front page, a few words are green and lead to random websites. Also when i press the forum button, a new tab opens and says "Crimsoningot Recommends...." At first I thought it was a virus on my computer but i deleted all extensions on chrome, ran a adware scanner, and reset my browser. Is there something wrong with my computer? or is the website just like that for everyone?
Posted Feb 19, 14 · OP
+1  votes
 votes
309 posts
+288 votes
+823 Points
I am having this same problem, but only on my laptop, so I assume it is a part of the website that is blocked by certain antivirus and firewall programs.
Posted Feb 19, 14
0  votes
654 posts
+1562 votes
+27 Points
Untagged users
Way to fix this.
Top right corner,
Chrome: Incognito mode.
Explorer: Safety > In private browsing.

Der mesturs.
mca.png
Posted Feb 19, 14
0  votes
184 posts
+89 votes
+8 Points
wrote:
Way to fix this.
Top right corner,
Chrome: Incognito mode.
Explorer: Safety > In private browsing.

Der mesturs.
It doesnt seem to work, i still get pop ups from http://secure-score.org/, lifebettering.com, and other random websites :)
Posted Feb 19, 14 · OP
0  votes
281 posts
+479 votes
+85 Points
Get extensions for your browser like ad blocker, Adblock +, any of them. I can't remember how to do it, but just look up
"How to get rid of popup ads" on YouTube.Worked fine for me :)
Wulf in the Snow,

Great Tree of the Jungle,

Promised of Kyuphti,

I am Tynan.
Posted Feb 19, 14
0  votes
UrQuan tagOn Forum
673 posts
+1374 votes
+4379 Points
Online on Site
Those are malicious programs and scripts on your PC, rather than the site itself.
Posted Feb 19, 14
0  votes
184 posts
+89 votes
+8 Points
This is so frustrating!! I tried getting rid of them using the tutorials but none of them work.

edit: i got rid of it, the virus was disguised
Posted Feb 19, 14 · OP · Last edited Feb 19, 14 by werbth
0  votes
898 posts
+3665 votes
+440 Points
Things like Adblock and Scriptblocker prevent things from being run without your consent, but as UrQuan has said, it sounds like your computer is already infected with some sort of malware. In which case, installing new preventive measures might only hide the problem rather than fixing it properly. You're going to need to run all your usual virus and malware scans. Personally, Malwarebytes antimalware is my go-to program for scanning (not necessarily removing) but there are certainly plenty of others. You'll probably also want to do your homework and find out what you can about your specific issue/infection. Tech support forums are your best bet here because they are going to be filled with other people just trying to deal with a problem. Geekstogo.com is a great place for help. It's just other users, some with extensive technical knowledge, some are just hobbyists, some are just random people looking for help.

Run your antivirus scans and if your programs allow you to quarantine or delete things, do it.

Then restart your computer and go into Safe Mode (I'm assuming you're using a Windows OS) and run all the scans again and quarantine things that still come up.

If you are comfortable with manually locating and deleting files or editing registry keys, do so. If you aren't, make sure you do a good deal of research and find step by step instructions specific to deal with whatever bit of malware you're dealing with before modifying or deleting anything manually.

Restart normally and do another sweep of scans. If the problems persist, go back to Safe Mode to continue scanning and dealing with malicious files.

It can sometimes be a bit of an exercise in frustration tracking things down and finally squishing them, so try to stay calm and be patient.
Posted Feb 19, 14 · Last edited Feb 19, 14 by Madisel
+1  votes
 votes
776 posts
+383 votes
+3158 Points
I have had this problem before and to fix it I just deleted my browser then reinstalled it.
"I hate your petty morals, there is no right or wrong your brain just finds it hard to comprehend the world without them"
2.jpg
tvfNI.gif
UxVUf.gif
Posted Feb 19, 14
0  votes
Announcement of