4754 Votes
4595 Votes
4345 Votes
4321 Votes
4258 Votes
3861 Votes
3857 Votes
3177 Votes
Before you partake in the Crimson Ingot Forum - ensure you are aware of our Forum Rules

Jeyeh buried

4 replies
Votes:
+412
<<< PREVIOUS STORY

Captain Arcadius galloped into Heathrest for the first time. He dismounted off the stolen horse, and sauntered to the ordinary-looking snobby commissioner.

"If you bring me what I need, I'll pay you in coin."

"That's all very well, but I don't have time for that. Any bounties?"

"There is one..."

The commissioner proceeded to describe the look of Jeyeh, and the skeletal captain burst out laughing.

"Him? Jeyeh? Why, that's the hunter boy that I buried only yesterday! Strange, I slashed at his flesh with my sword hundreds of times, and he wouldn't die, so I stuffed him in a hole in the ground instead."

The commissioner stirred uncomfortably at the undead being towering over him.

"Why couldn't I kill him? Do you know anything about this?"

There is a brief silence, and Arcadius waits for the commissioner to reply.
Posted Jan 16, 19 · OP · Last edited Jan 30, 19 by OrphanOfTh...
List
Undo
Votes:
+1,089
The Snobby Commissioner looks at Arcadius with furrowed brows.

"Oh, lad, you misunderstood! Jeyeh is not a wild young man, but a temptatious vixen," he says whilst waggling his index finger, "As for why you couldn't kill the boy, well, Jeyeh and her clan are of a native bloodline, and Darkroot Territory is their ancestral home. Who knows what foul witchcraft she has spun around her servants..."

He whistles.

"Can't claim the bounty with out her visage! No mask no money!"
Posted Jan 17, 19
List
Undo
Votes:
+412
The withered skeleton grumbles in irritation.
"Why do you want her killed?"
Posted Jan 17, 19 · OP
List
Undo
Votes:
+1,089

The commissioner laughs, "There's a bounty on her head, lad! I suggest you ask a librarian what a 'bounty' means! Now please, run along, there's plenty of eager travelers looking for crimin that need to talk to me!"
Posted Jan 18, 19
List
Undo
Votes:
+412
The skeleton glares at the commissioner for his snobbiness. Lad? Lad?! He was older than this bag of flesh could possibly know!

"Listen here, you bulbous-nosed buffoon! I'll have you know that I was a respected captain of a..."

With all this excitement occupying him, the captain had failed to keep an eye-socket on his stolen horse, and now it had wandered off, and presumably been stolen by another rascal.

He gritted his teeth in rage, damaging them even further. Soon, they would know... soon, they would know to fear him. But right now, he needed to eat some fruit and vegetables.

NEXT STORY >>>
Posted Jan 18, 19 · OP · Last edited Jan 30, 19 by OrphanOfTh...
List
Undo
NoticeNotices