4728 Votes
4595 Votes
4329 Votes
4321 Votes
4258 Votes
3861 Votes
3847 Votes
3163 Votes
Before you partake in the Crimson Ingot Forum - ensure you are aware of our Forum Rules

Rp-ing Into Getting Perms To Use Brewing Stands

5 replies
Votes:
+287
Hello my fellow crimgots,
I have a question for all of you and need a bit of help. Recently Shunte has been taken in an Maeread's student and apprentice in the study of alchemy and brewing. I know a long time ago oracles could use the stands and I think healer did too unless my memory sucks and I was probably still under the oracle banner. However, I have been rping and trying to write stories on her gaining more and more knowledge about the components, positive and negative potions, etc , etc. I know there is a three class limit, but I am not trying to be an alchemist class since I have three classes, I just want to use the brewing stand for potions is all, or would I need to rp into the class and figure out which I need to say bye to or by proxy just in character know how to do it and have an actual alchemist class player make the potion for me ?

Anyone who has had experience rping into a class, or admin insight is appreciated ^.^
eJwdzEEKwkAMBdB9TvEvoBAUwaUt7oWeIITghE4nMMZpjy_4DvCW8m1pmKroulutp1mG12h4dC3WaTKNzdsb0Qy7Z0EWg8qwzxlP0YLoBkkI0jej5f_RHFGHpavQy3WVw4j5Tnxl4tuF-AfmNCeH.png
Posted Oct 17, 18 · OP
List
Undo
Votes:
+4,329
Given the 3-class limit at present, it would probably be advisable to just try to RP into or donate for the full class change. There's not much meat to the Alchemist class, so giving non-Alchemist players brewing stand access invalidates the class limit pretty egregiously imo.
wrote:
I did not actually say this. Down is misquoting me.
Posted Oct 17, 18
Votes:
+94
I'm not too sure how much things have changed recently, but it has always depended on the admin's preference.

Generally it will be at least a few (3+) months of hard dedicated roleplay. But that was the standard a few years back when I was working on king, so take it with stride. I prefer roleplaying into a class as I feel more rewarded at the end, but donating tends to be easier.

Waking Nightmare - Trailer

Jareth's Twitter
Posted Oct 17, 18
Votes:
+287
I will try to rp into the permissions at least but not a full class change as I like where I am at, but I guess it is up to what an admoon says.
eJwdzEEKwkAMBdB9TvEvoBAUwaUt7oWeIITghE4nMMZpjy_4DvCW8m1pmKroulutp1mG12h4dC3WaTKNzdsb0Qy7Z0EWg8qwzxlP0YLoBkkI0jej5f_RHFGHpavQy3WVw4j5Tnxl4tuF-AfmNCeH.png
Posted Oct 17, 18 · OP
Votes:
+277
Currently can't buy classes from the shop so that one is out for now and I am unsure how the current staff team works on rping into something. Though i do know that in the past it was very possible to write your way into an ability. Doesn't mean you have to be an amazing writer they just wanted to see some effort and reasoning as to why your character should be able to do what you want them to be able to do. I would hope they still go by the anything is possible if you put the work in. If it was me I'd build a lab. make something pretty to go with the rp and write a nice long story with it.
Posted Oct 18, 18
List
Undo
Votes:
+287
Oh yeah no totally trying to work on it. I do have a small lab in my house and her teacher is Maeread, as she was taken under her wing to be her apprentice so while I can say she does study the art of potions, I physically in game cannot make them. However, I will proceed as nornmal and maybe even buy some from the potion shop in Heathrest to help with the rp but otherwise that is the best I can do...for now.

Thanks for advice my fellow crimgots. Until my next post!
Posted Oct 20, 18 · OP
NoticeNotices