4728 Votes
4595 Votes
4329 Votes
4321 Votes
4258 Votes
3861 Votes
3847 Votes
3163 Votes
Before you partake in the Crimson Ingot Forum - ensure you are aware of our Forum Rules

Adding to Alchemist

5 replies
Votes:
+27
Hello, I had the idea that maybe alchemists can do the Extract and Remedy thing as well since it involves a potion and alchemist is a newer class so it doesn't have as much. I just think that could be an easy way to give us alchemists more use. You all might've already talked about/considered this but I figured I'd make a post about it. Thanks!
Posted Nov 25, 18 · OP
List
Undo
Votes:
+840
Admins
Yeah, uh... the spells don’t really involve a potion. It involves extracting life essence from yourself and healing somebody else with it, and Alchemists aren’t really Healers (in the respect that they don’t possess that form of magic, at least).

Instead of adding special spells that one class has to other classes, we’re working on filling each class with unique spells of their own. It’s very time-consuming and it’s a slow process on top of all of the other stuff we have to do though, and we often run out of ideas for what to add. We’ve been focusing on the Engineer class list thus far, but if you were to broaden the purpose of this thread to allow everyone to make suggestions as to what to add to Alchemist, that would be helpful and definitely quicken the pace.
Posted Nov 26, 18
List
Undo
Votes:
+67
Spoiler: disclaimerShow
I think there could be a chance for something of the sort to Extract and Remedy for the Alchemist class. In the nature of Alchemist they could try and imitate life essence. A very Delicate and costly brewing process with a chance to fail. (Lowers based on Alchemy level? Starts off on a high chance to fail, Say 80-90% failure, and lower by 1% per 10 levels so as a master alchemist(around 1000-1500) they have a near perfect success rate.)
If the brewing succeeds they get 1 Imitated life essence, they then can cast a version of Remedy that has set chances to fail(also lowers with alchemy level- if possable). If it succeeds it works like regular Remedy. If it fails however, there could be diffrent effects...
Basic failure: Nothing happens
Slight failure: Recipient receives a temporary negative effect (poision, wither, hunger, ect.)
Large failure: Recive a higher teir Death state/Doom finger?
Posted Nov 27, 18
List
Undo
Votes:
+840
Admins
A good idea, but very difficult to implement. I've been considering (for quite a bit now) that if an issue with healers being in short supply did arise, Alchemist could just have a special recipe that incorporates ingredients known to have healing properties in the lore to brew a potion that could cure deaths the same way remedy can, but more in the Alchemist style, instead of rebranding something Healer has already. There's an extremely rare resurrection potion that exists with this effect already, but only a select few characters know the recipe, and there's potential for simpler versions that could have a lesser effect and become more widely-known, so I'll see what I can do with that.
Posted Nov 27, 18
List
Undo
tyedye tagOn Forum
Votes:
+659
Online on Site
Dropping some ideas.

Invigorating Vapors:Consumes a haste speed and jumping potion. Give people in a aoe speed haste and jump boost.
Noxious Vapors:Consumes posion, slowness, weakness potions. Gives others the effects in aoe.
Vision Vapors:Same as above with nightvis.
Home Brew:Consumes mundane potion. Give target a random effect. Anything from super regen to some annoying debuff.
mca.png
Posted Nov 27, 18
List
Undo
Votes:
+94
On the note of suggestions.
An alchemist is no healer. But perhaps they could become a doctor of sorts? Think old times plague doctor, using snake oils and powerful drugs to temporarily hide the effects of sickness.
I'd personally either suggest a "Snake Oil" potion that simply removes the effects of death for a time (8:00? long enough to quickly pick up stuff at least) // or possibly some "Miracle Elixer" that actually heals the effects fully but only the alchemist himself can administer it (a class specific splash potion) but as a catch an ingredient to brew it is actually life essence from a healer.

Waking Nightmare - Trailer

Jareth's Twitter
Posted Nov 28, 18
List
Undo
NoticeNotices