4755 Votes
4596 Votes
4346 Votes
4321 Votes
4258 Votes
3861 Votes
3860 Votes
3180 Votes
Before you partake in the Crimson Ingot Forum - ensure you are aware of our Forum Rules

The Path of Life

5 replies
Votes:
+115
Chapter One

The day was ... cold. Not that it was Winter or anything, the light was just... cold. One would never guess that Seilah was so deep in the warm and thick Darkroot. Deep enough for the sun to barely penetrate the forest floor around her. It was almost like being in a different world. On a vague wisp of thought, Seilah wandered off to her shrine. She got on one knee at it's foot, and closed her eyes. Slowly, she stretched her consciousness out towards the Wild Mother, Wildaven. After a few moments, she began a prayer that went, "O All Mother, please accept these offerings. Thank you for your protection, for the life you give me every day." Seilah tried to draw out more meaningful things to say, but she was at a loss. She was lonely. In her forest, high up in the tree tops with no company but the creatures she is contracted with, Seilah spent most of her time wallowing in her own self pity. Not today, though. Today she was be sure to take a step forward. "Wildaven, please show me my path. I am so lonely out here. I need your help, I need you to show me the way."

She waited, and waited. It seemed like hours had passed, before her the chains on her temper's ankle were cast aside.

"Why won't you answer me ? Have I done something wrong?" Seilah clenched her jaw, trying to control her anger and her tongue. After a few more moments of silence, Seilah opened her now misty eyes, and fled from her shrine. She passed her treehouse, the path, Heath, and the ruins of Hearthstead.

On she ran, yearning for something, anything. A friend, a place she could really call hers, perhaps. Finally, after a few days of travelling, she grew tired and fell asleep flat on the ground.

Chapter 2

Seilah woke up, suddenly, to the bright sun shining painfully upon her. At first it was so bright she couldn't see anything, but as her eyes adjusted she was able to drink in her surroundings. She was in a massive meadow with grass greener than the biggest tree in the Darkroot Forest. She stood up, and walked deeper into the plain, brushing past birds and ocelots, and foreign plants.

Something was missing here, she thought, but vaguely. After a while, the sun became to much to bear and she sang a tree into existence for some shade. She slumped to the ground, her back against the magical tree. She looked around, and thought that maybe one tree in such a plain land was lonely, so she grew another. Then another, and another. It wasn't until the moon began to rise that she realized a grove was starting to take shape.

This is it, she thought. This is what I can do, I can make my own little forest! Maybe then Wildaven will like me.

She built upon these selfish thoughts and mortal desires until she fell asleep and dreamt of shallow greatness and fame.

She woke the next day and continued her work, calling tree after tree from the ground. Eventually, animals and monsters alike were drawn to the strange new path of life in the once desolate expanse of land. Without knowing it, she was forging her own path.

Even though her mind was still clouded by selfish desires for attention and false love from Wildaven.

Chapter 3

It was the 5th day of her work on the grove. Well, perhaps grove isn't befitting of the once small path of trees. The "grove" was now more like a small forest, stretching from the mountain side to the sea. She worked on until night fell, and headed towards her makeshift bed for some sleep.

There was something off, though. It was quieter that normal. The air was thick with a feeling most similar to dread. Very slowly, fear crept up Seilah's spine and infected her brain, until she was damn near shaking. Just as she turned a corner, Seilah was met with a Vampire Queen. She stood at least a foot taller than Seilah. The Queen slashes at Seilah with her sword, and she tried to jump out of the way but was caught by the end of the blade on her left side. She cried out, and said, "Demon Wolf who made a deal with me, step out of your tree!"

A loud cracking and bending sound fills the air, and an unusually large wolf rose from the earth like the trees Seilah had been growing. He immediately jumped into action, knocking the Vampire Queen onto her back.

Maugrim poked at Seilah with a snide remark; "I see you're getting yourself into trouble again, Seilah." She weakly smiles, grateful for his help. "It's just a vampire, you can handle that right ?" she replied. Just then, the Queen opened her dry and cracked mouth to say, "Silence! You have grown a forest in land that is mine. You must pay. Undead! Help me wipe these pests out!"

Seilah clenched her jaw, and squints her eyes at the Vampire Queen, now surrounded by several Ghouls, and says, "Maugrim! You take on the queen, I'll see what I can do about these Ghouls." With that, Seilah whipped out her Demonbone Dagger. A wicked blade, short, but cruel in nature and easy to wield. The ghouls, now counting 4, slowly trudged towards Seilah. She slashed at them, expecting for her blade to slide right through their rotten flesh, but instead, the dagger got lodged in the forearm of one of the ghouls.

-Maugrim's Fight-

The demon wolf leapt forward, snarling and drooling for a taste of Vampire Queen. She easily dodged his attack, and slashed at his left flank. She grins, expecting the wolf to be cut in two, but instead it was stopped by his thick pelt. Her grin faded, and Maugrim used her shock to chomp her left hand off. She screamed, and batted him away with her right arm, causing the wolf to slam into a tree. He stood up, shakily, and noticed Seilah's blade get stuck in the arm of a ghoul. Maugrim knew what was coming next. Just as the ghouls bent down to devour Seilah, he jumped from his place at the tree, and barreled into all 4 ghouls. He ripped them limb from limb, drinking their decayed blood with relish. He cast his gaze down at Seilah, who was on the ground, a bit shell shocked. In that short moment, the Vampire Queen drove her blade through Maugrim's neck.

Seilah cried out, but it was too late. The earth swallowed up Maugrim to repair his injuries. The Vampire Queen wiped her blade off. "What happened to hand.. I thought Maugrim tore it off?" Seilah asked in dismay. She didn't know what to say. She was terrified, death was so close. "Oh that little creature? It was just a hand, silly girl. I can grow that back without issue. You should be focused on yourself. You're next."

Seilah backed away, until she was against a tree. The Vampire Queen grinned, drinking Seilah's fear like the blood of a god. "Delicious. The Blood of Nymphs is also so much thicker when they are filled with fear.

Seilah racked her brain. There had to be a way out, there had to be a way out. She weakly looked at the forest around her, close to accepting death. At least the forest would be her final view.

A light went off in her head.

"That's it! The forest! As long as I'm in forest, I can summon her!" Seilah said with newfound vigor. The Vampire Queen laughed, "Go on little conjurer. I can tell how drained you were after summoning that pathetic little wolf creature. There's nothing that I can't devour."

Seilah held out her hand, and a l burst of green light pushes the Vampire Queen back, and eventually off her feet. As the light dies down, it's source is revealed.

Endori, a small Wood Wisp only about 10 inches tall, had appeared. She says in a dark tone, "Seilah, what is this? Do you seriously expect me to fight a Vampire Queen? I'm attending a feast." Seilah ignores the snide comment, and says, "Please, Endori. I need your help."

The Vampire Queen regained her senses, and got to her feet. "Stop this foolish bickering! Get out of my way, pixie, or I'll kill you too, " she said with tangible malice. Endori turned away from Seilah, and gave the Queen an evil eye. "What did you just call me?"

The Vampire ignores her, and charged forwards, her blade shining in the fractured moonlight like white fire. Endori held out her hands, and barrier of green forest energy appears. The Vampire Queen ran into it, face first. Endori willed the wall away, and blasted the Queen with a blinding beam of blue and green light before she can regain her bearings. The energy blast burned through her chest armor, and blasted some of the skin on her face off. Endori flutters a little higher into the sky, and said in a commanding tone, "I don't much like that I'm contracted with a silly little Nymph girl who begs Wildaven for things she can find herself, but we are bound together. You have harmed her, and now I will exterminate you." The Vampire Queen picked herself up, wheezing, and screamed, "ENOUGH! Undead, rise!" A plethora of undead crawled from the earth, and moved towards Seilah.

Endori held her hands together again, and light began slowly collecting around the Wood Wisp like a bubble. The undead inched closes and closer to Seilah, who was limping away as fast as she could.

"Begone."

A flash of forest energy poured out of Endori like a river, engulfing the entire battle scene. It tore the undead apart, and bore down upon the Vampire Queen like a hammer of justice. When the light began to fade, the vine covered bodies of the now dead undead appeared. They littered the ground around Seilah. Endori was about to leave, but she was caught off guard by an incredibly injured Vampire Queen, who was still standing. She cackled, and said, "I'm not done yet, Pixie." Endori tried to react, but the Queen slashed her with her sword. Endori cried out, and vanished in flash of light similar to the one she appeared in.

"Endori!" Seilah cried out, but it was too late. The Vampire Queen took a step toward Seilah, but her knees started to buckle, much to the surprise of both Seilah and the Queen.

"What's happened to me.. ?" she said, before coming to a realization. "The stupid pixie.. her spell seems to be affecting me. Maybe it'll go away if I kill that silly girl who summoned it.." The Vampire Queen crawled towards Seilah with the idea in her head. Seilah, too weak to fight back, squirms under the Queen as she held her down to feast. "No! No I don't want to die!" Seilah cried out in desperation. The Vampire Queen grinned, and put her mouth on Seilah's neck. Just before she sunk her fangs in, she noticed a peculiar burning sensation on her back.

"What .. ?"

The sun was rising, in fact, it had been rising for a while. The surrounding trees and shape of the land had hidden it from Seilah and the Queen, not to mention the fight that was occupying their attention. The Queen pulled her face away from the now unconscious Seilah and tried to flee, but it was too late. The light of the sun swallowed her body and engulfed her body in flames. She fell to the ground screaming in agony, before dying a hateful death.

(Sidenote: Before it broke, the "Wood Wisp" spell was a summoning ability for Wildaven mages that allowed them to summon a protective Wisp from the forest. The spell is currently mechanically broken, but it used to shoot balls of energy at things and deal damage along with hunger slowness and poison, hence why the Vampire Queen wasn't affected as bad from the initial attack, but more so from the following effects. I'm assuming that because the spell exists mechanically, and because I have it, I can use it in RP. It still does the particle effect just not the damage or potion effect)

Chapter 4

Seilah woke up, a full day later. She jolted into a sitting position, and noticed the charred body of the Vampire Queen. "Wh- what? What happened? I'm alive?" She remarked in awe, out loud. Still in shock, she stood up and wandered off to the edge of her forest. Deciding to ignore her recent brush with death, she started growing trees again. Her mind wandered off to what Endori had said the night before.

Seilah thought, "Endori is right. What am I doing? I've been making this whole forest in the selfish hopes that Wildaven will notice me and give me my path. Give me more power... but none of those things matter. What matters is my happiness, and my life. My life is my choice. My happiness is my choice. My path is my choice."

Seilah, deciding to turn a new leaf, constructed a large temple and grew an unusually large Willow Tree in it's center.

She laid out offerings, and for the first time in weeks, she prayed to Wildaven.

"Wildaven. It's been a long time. I've been such a selfish little wretch. I was obsessed with getting you to pay attention to me. I expected you to give me things in return for my faith and my offerings. I wanted power. I was filled with foolish mortal desire, and I'm sorry. I begged you to show me my path, but that was never your job. My path is mine to decide.

So I've decided.

I'm going to travel around Templehelm, constructing entire forests in your name, each one with it's own shrine. It's own name. That is my path. The Path of Life. It doesn't matter if you never see them. It doesn't matter if you don't like them. It doesn't matter if you don't like me.

I like them. The work makes me happy, and I like me.

I am truly humbled. "

The Path of Life Begins
Posted Nov 29, 18 · OP · Last edited Nov 29, 18 by AquaticSpi...
List
Undo
Votes:
+115
The Path of Life Part II

The Path of Arrogance

Seilah slugged through the hot, dry sand with a hand on her forehead, trying to block the sun's rays.

All in vain, for she had already started to burn. After what must have been days, she finally reached the seaside, and leapt into the cool ocean water with a grin of pure gratitude. This is it. This place is perfect, she thought. After completing her first forest, she was now filled with confidence and ego. Seilah thought it was her divine right... nay.. her divine JOB to cover as much of the world in forest as she could without a single thought for the life and delicate ecosystems already existing. She was still naiive, and didn't even know it. After Wildaven had blessed her first grove, her passion and humility quickly turned into selfish desire for fame. Her newfound humility now replaced by pride and self-importance. She had so much to learn, and didn't even know it.

Chapter 2

"Maugrim!" Seilah cried out, summoning the enormous wolf to fight a vampire and a few ghouls. He wiped them out with Seilah's help, and she grew the first tree in this new grove. "This is going to be so amazing! Wildaven is going to bless me and choose and love me after this! Finally, I'll be powerful." she said out loud, not at all realizing how pretentious and naiive those thoughts were. Boy, was she in for a rude awakening. Through the night, she continued to draw on her life force and squeezed trees out of the dry, cold, night desert. How selfish of her to not see that she was harming the already existing ecosystem here.

A vampire showed up, but was quickly expunged by Maugrim's powerful jaws, allowing Seilah to continue her selfish work, naive, but still somehow passionate work. As the moon lingered, more and more creatures of the night appeared to devour Seilah. Though they tried, each one was torn apart by Maugrim. This only fed her ego, and her god complex. She grew, and grew, and grew. Dry, pathetic tree after dry tree. Each one weaker than the last. Eventually, the trees she was growing weren't even flowering.

"Hmm... " Seilah thought. The obvious solution was that the desert wasn't meant to support forest life, but Seilah was to absorbed in her desires to see that. She wanted more. She was so obsessed with trying to get Wildaven to like her, she was forgetting that she can't control others. She wasn't being mindful of the world around her. Deep down, she knew that even though she wanted to be loved by the All Mother, it was impossible to force it. Wildaven, like all living things, can't be controlled by your own desires. Of course, Seilah was too wrapped up in these unhealthy and unproductive thought processes to accept the truth and be content in her own happiness, her own path, her own life. She was still too naive to know that she doesn't need anyone's approval, even though she told herself she needed the approval of only herself. It's true, one only needs the approval one oneself, but in doing so you must be careful not to disregard the feelings of others entirely. Kindness begets kindness, mindfulness begets mindfulness.

Ignorance begets ignorance.

Seilah, being young and naive, was ignorant and negligent.

Chapter 3

It had been 3 months of work, and the once flat expanse of wonderful, beautiful, whimsical desert was now covered in pools of water and fairly large trees, bodacious and flowering in the sunlight. In the center of the oasis stood a large platform of sandstone, built in the middle of a shallow, but large pond. It was draped in dry green, semi-dry grass and dotted with wildlife. A few pigs, some sheep, a handful of bunnies and a chicken or two. Just as Seilah began to build a bridge from the platform to the edge of the pond, a warm and beautiful symphony filled the air. Seilah was confused at first, and thought it to be an omen from the heavens to continue her work.

She couldn't have been more wrong.

In the distance, the source of the music could be seen. It was an enormous sandstorm, wrapped around a breathtakingly beautiful body of pure sunlight. Seilah watched in awe for a moment, but then horror coated her insides like paint. That same body of light was turning her trees into piles of sand.

"No! Stop it! All my work!" Seilah cried out, but it was useless. Sameder, Daughter of Deserma, had already turned most of the grove into dust and sand. Seilah weakly fired arrows at the Divine, trying to stop her, but it was too late.

The trees had either fallen the ground and morphed into sand, or were blown away in the fury of the sandstorm. Sameder stopped, and the sandstorm died down, revealing the once again flattened land. She hovered above the platform in the middle of the pond, so Seilah joined her.

She stood underneath the Divine, and said with sadness in her voice, "Why? Why would you do this?"

Sameder went on to explain that Seilah was naive, that she had corrupted the existing ecosystem, and that it wasn't her place to claim the world in the name of the forest. Seilah, like a teenager mad at her mother, argued her point of view and stood her ground, which one might consider an impressive feat. Afrer all, this was Deserma's daughter. Say what you will about Seilah being naive and ignorant, but for a Wood Nymph she's got quite a sack on her, ey?

Anywho, these truths were hard for Seilah to swallow, but Sameder was right. After the moon rose and she vanished, Seilah was left feeling guilty and ashamed. She knew she had been ignorant and selfish, and was doing this for selfish reasons, and because of it she wasn't mindful at all of her surroundings and ended up hurting the very thing she was trying to help. Nature.

Seilah turned around to leave the desert, but stopped. She had to make this right.

She was going to finish her shrine, but instead of it being honor of Wildaven it was going to be in honor of the fallen, Deserma. A gravestone, of sorts.
Posted Dec 15, 18 · OP
List
Undo
Votes:
+115
The Path of the Summoner

Seilah sat alone in the desert after completing her grave for Deserma with Maugrim beside her. In a language only Seilah could understand, he said. "You and me, alone in a dark place surrounded by ghastly creatures who mean us only harm. It reminds me of when we first met.". Seilah raised and eyebrow, and said, "Oh, is that so? I seem to remember it being more.. foresty, and less spiritual." Maugrim made a sound almost reminiscent of a human laugh, before he said, "You're right, but the feeling. The feeling is spot on." Seilah sighed, and stared out into the open void of stars and moonlight. Her breath frosting in the cold desert air. She looked down at the large pool of water around 3 feet below her feet, lapping against the grave platform like a thousand tongues. She put a hand on Maugrim's enormous chest, and said, "You've always been one for nostalgia." Maugrim nuzzled her with a soft whimper, and said, "So have you."

**Flashback to their first meeting**

Seilah, only a young Wood Nymph around the age of 8, fled from a horde of undead on the floor of the Darkroot. Her little bare feet strew clear of rocks and twigs, blessed by Wildaven and this very forest, but they were raw from running and her little chest was heaving. After what seemed like a day, she found shelter within the roots of an unusually large Weeping Willow tree. She crawled under one of the arches of wood, and hid. She watched with big, fearful eyes as the undead stumbled not far behind, hopefully unaware of where she was. She started shaking, and the tears began to flow. She was lost, far from her Life Tree and completely out of water, and the Darkroot river was nowhere to be seen. She curled up into a little ball, and and held herself while she wept in fear. The undead edged ever closer, until another noise drew their attention. A loud yelp, like the sound a dog makes when you step on it's paw, followed by a garbled voice saying something Seilah couldn't understand. The undead slowly turned their decomposing heads to the left, and began to pursue the nearby noise. Seilah poked her head out in curiosity in an attempt to see what was happening. It was quite dark here, so she had to squint and strain her little eyes as much as they could to make out what was happening very clearly, and when she did she had to suppress and gasp.

Lying in the middle of the forest floor, in a clearing between the trees, illuminated by only a whisper of sunlight, was an abnormally large, almost horse sized wolf. He was lying near a dirty, almost dry stream of mossy water. He was covered in slash marks, and his left hind leg seemed to be broken, or sprained. As soon as he got a whiff of the approaching mob of undead, he tried to get up, but yelped again and collapsed to the ground with a big *whop* sound. He whimpered, knowing just how slow and painful a death he was facing. Unbeknownst to Seilah, this creature, Maugrim, was a demon of the forest. He guarded it from intruders and roamed free and wild, immortal. In he became too injured, his own magical energy would suck him back into the earth to heal, but he was completely out of magic. He had no way to defend himself against the creatures who were going to devour him. All he could do was sit and wait. Seilah watched, and the undead inched closer and closer every second.

Without thinking, Seilah pulled herself out from under the tree and scrambled over to the wolf, tears still in her eyes. She couldn't bear to watch such savagery, not to a creature of Wildaven, a demon of the Darkroot. It was to cruel for her naiive little heart to bear, so she performed the only magic she knew; healing magic. She placed her hands above his ridiculously large body, and focused her magic into her open palms. Slowly at first, a warm green light emanated from them, and then it engulfed a fair portion of his body, focusing mainly on his injuries. Maugrim opened his eyes in confusion, and immediately recognized Seilah to be a druid. He shook his head, and moved around a little, finding life and magic in his body again. He looked closer, and realized Seilah was more than a druid; she was a Wood Nymph, and a young one at that. He sensed how strongly her spirit was bound to this forest, and allowed her to heal him.

The undead were now just moments away, and the stench of rotting flesh filled the air.

Seilah poured out almost every last bit of her magic into Maugrim, causing a brilliant flash of green light to fill the clearing. Seilah collapsed, gasping for air, fighting to keep her eyes open. Maugrim's injuries repaired themselves almost entirely, and he leapt into the air without a moment to lose. With a swift swipe of his powerful claws, he decimated half of the undead, and tore through the other half with a chop of his jaws. Ravenous after his ordeal and lack of energy, Maugrim lapped up each and every corpse until their was nothing left but a few scraps of organs and blood. He arched his back and howled for a moment into the open air, before turning around to face the little Wood Nymph who saved his life.

Maugrim bent down and touched his nose to her face, and Seilah grabbed him. He helped her to her feet, and she stood. Her back against the water, him facing her with his head hung low. He took a few steps back to get a better look at her. Just then, the sun reached it's peak, allowing it to cut through to the clearing like a blade of warmth. Seilah stared at the enormous wolf in awe, and held out her arm. Maugrim bent down and edged closer, as if to greet her.

278879-fantasy_art-wolf-forest-748x476.jpg

Maugrim spoke her tongue, but his words were silent to all but her. "Little Wood Nymph, what are you doing so far from your Life Tree? Surely such a dainty little creature such as yourself shouldn't be alone in these woods." Seilah's little face bunched up, and she burst into tears. Between breaths, she managed to push out, "I'm.. I'm lost.."

Maugrim sniffed at her, and then scooped her up. She stopped crying out of surprise, and then asked what he was doing. "I'm going to take you home, little one. I can find it with my nose." Seilah's eyes widened, and then she smiled brighter than the sun could ever shine. She laid upon his long, warm white fur and started to fall asleep. After all that running, all that magic, she was exhausted. Maugrim grumbled something about how irresponsible parents can be with their pups, and he carried her through the shadows of Darkroot.

And so, through the day and half of the night, Maugrim marched onwards with little Seilah sleeping on his back until finally he reached her enormous Life Tree. He thought to himself what in Wildaven's name she was doing so far away from such an extravagant home, but then he realized something.

He couldn't smell anything else, just her Life Tree.

Is she all alone out here? he thought. He leaned down, and plucked her off of his back like a mother would her pup. She snuggled against the tree, and so did he. Together, they slept for many hours. When they awoke, Maugrim told her about a magic of friendship, one where one creature whom loves and shares a connection with another can summon said "another". Together, they forged a contract. Seilah could summon Maugrim at any time, for anything. If he became to injured, the earth would suck him back in, or if he was sent back to the forest, he would be sucked back beneath the forest and popped up somewhere else. In return, he would appear using Seilah's power, not his own. Keeping summoned for long periods of time was hard on her magic, as she had so little at this time. Seilah hugged him, and promised they would always be together.

Together they stayed.

**Flashback ends**

Seilah's eyes started to droop, and she leaned on Maugrim's side for support. He rolled over, they fell asleep on top of a grave in the middle of a desert.

Together.
Posted Dec 20, 18 · OP
List
Undo
Votes:
+115
The Path of Strength Part I

Seilah brewed a few potions of Strength, determined to find a way to cover her weakness. Here recently, she'd been really taking note of just how much she couldn't do in combat. She had already accepted the fact that as a summoner, almost all of her combat would rely on the strength of her magic, and the creature conjured. Well, summoned might be a more appropriate word. Just then, Koi crawled up to her Brewery, and crashed through the door covered in horrid, soggy looking burns. He opened his mouth to speak, and in a distorted voice, he said, "I fell in the water.. I need help." He collapsed just in her doorway. Seilah wondered how he could be injured from falling in water, but then it dawned on her. As a Netharnian, he was blessed to be unharmed by flames and magma, but perhaps he was cursed to be burned by the cooling water. After all, water is the opposite of fire.

Seilah held out her palm, and said in a commanding tone, "Chala! Come forth." As a result, a warm yellow light filled her brewery, indicating that her summon was successful. When the light died down, a large white horse was revealed. The fur around her hooves was long and wavy, tinged with dirt and leaves. Chala bent her head down, eyed Koi, and said, "You called? Shall I kick this pathetic fellow out of your home?" She stomped her hooves as if to threaten the injured Netharnian. Seilah flailed her arms at the large horse, and cried, "No! Of course not! He is my friend! I need you to carry him to my bedroom so I can heal him." Koi weakly pushed himself to his feet, and climbed on top of Chala. The horse begrudgingly carried the little fireling up the staircases, Seilah following close behind. On a ghost of though, she wondered why an infirmary of hospital hadn't been made yet. Chala set him down on Seilah's bed, and then passed back into her own realm. Koi pushes himself into a sitting postion, and winced. Seilah put a hand on his shoulder and pushed him back down. "Hold on just a minute. Injuries like this won't take too long to repair. I'll let your body do most of the work." Koi nodded, and laid back down. Seilah held out her arms with open palms, facing towards the fireling. She focused healing magic onto her palms, and pushed it out of her body in the form of a warm light green glittery light.

healings-hands.png

Koi's injuries started to shrink, slowly. The burns and warped flesh started to dry and tighten, and his pain began to alleviate. Finally, the light thinned, and Koi was healed. Seilah put her hands down, and said, "There. All better." They spoke for a moment, catching up and being friendly. Near the end of their conversation, he pulled out a book and handed it to her. "This is a book I'm writing. Can you read it? I want some feedback." Seilah smiled warmly at him, and responded, "Of course! I'd love to." She opened the book and poured through it. It was a detailed first chapter of a lost boy. cold and alone in a void. He was confused and sad, Seilah felt that. The end of the chapter included him heading towards a light, but it was draped in sincere mystery and suspense. Finally, he reached the light, and the chapter ended.

Seilah closed the book, and handed it back to him. She clasped her hands together, and said with bright eyes and a warm tone, "I loved it! I have no criticisms. I'm not much a writer myself. I enjoyed it though!" Koi nodded, but his face was edged with darkness. She squinted at him. "Is that a true story?" He nodded again, and responded, "Yes. It's about my past." Seilah nodded too, and dropped the topic. She looked at him again, and said. "Say... you wouldn't be interested in sparring... would you?"

He grinned. "I never thought you'd ask."

The Path of Strength Part II

Seilah leaned against a tree. brimming with nerves. She'd fought Koi one time before, and was utterly destroyed. She cast her gaze on him, and said, "So do we just start.. ?" He leaped into the air, and said, "Yes! Begin!!!" Seilah rolled out of the way, just in time, because the place were she was just a moment ago was now scorched to all hell. She blinked onto a tree branch, and downed a potion of Fire Resistance. She drew her crude shaped bow, and fired an arrow at Koi. He dodged out of the way, and Seilah took the short amount of time that he used to dodge to summon Maugrim. She threw a potion of speed, strength, and health boost on him. Quick as lightning, Maugrim lept from the tree branch and chased after Koi. The fireling underestimated Maugrim's speed, and Maugrim caught him with a claw to the legs. Seilah blinks back to the ground, and fired an arrow at Koi again. He wafted a hand at it, and summoned a huge inferno of flames, To his surprise, the flames bounced off of Seilah's body, and Maugrim's thick fur kept him from getting burned. In his confusion, Koi was left wide open, so Seilah fire another arrow at him. It caught him in the leg, and wrapped is body tightly in vines and branches. Leaves sprouted from the branches, and held him to the ground. Maugrim wasted no time, and slashed a gaping wound in Koi's chest. Maugrim was about to finish him off, but Seilah cried out, "Wait! It's just a spar!" Maugrim froze immediately, with his maw just centimeters from Koi's neck. The branches encasing Koi's body snake back into the ground, leaving him bloody and hurt. Seilah rushed to his side, and cast a healing spell on him to close his wounds before he bled out. After a few minutes, the bleeding stopped and his wounds were no more than scratches.

He pushed himself to his feet, sounding only a teeny bit irritated. He wiped it away, and smiled wholeheartedly. "Wanna go for Round 2? I was low on Mana." Seilah winced, fearing what he might be like now that his power has recovered. She fearfully said, "Oh.. uh. Sure! I'd love to..." Maugrim growled, and told Seilah, "Come on now. You know you need to work on your strength. That run in the Vampire Queen yesterday is proof of that." Seilah rolled her eyes, but agreed. He was right. Her tendency to be useless in a battle when she ran out of power was a pretty big defect. Even before her power ran out, she relied entirely on Maugrim, who's strength relied on hers. Endori could only be summoned in a forest, and the amount of energy it cost to summon her was detrimental and not at all worth it unless it was against something like a Vampire Queen. Seilah turned her gaze back to Koi, and hardened her jaw and heart. "I'm ready."

Koi grinned deviously, and said, "Go!"

Seilah immediately ducked behind a tree this time, and Maugrim charged forward. He slashed at Koi, but the fireling ducked out of the way at the last second. Seilah ran out from behind the tree,
slashed at him with her Demonbone Blade, and it caught his stomach. She grinned, and Maugrim prepared to chop his feet, but just then Koi released a much more powerful burst of flames. The sheer intensity and strength of the inferno lifted Seilah and Maugrim off their feet and flung them back at least 3 meters. Seilah was covered in burns, and Maugrim suffered from broken ribs and a cracked leg. Seilah cried out in pain, and threw her hands in the air, calling healing energy out of her body in the nick of time. Her burns started to vanish and she limped a few feet away from the swelling whirl of flames.

Jaya%E2%80%99s-Immolating-Inferno-Dominaria-MtG-Art-e1524006218689-730x280.jpg

Maugrim whimpered in the distance, and Seilah wafted her hands at him while Koi focused on building more and more and more intensity to his flames. "Rise, Maugrim!" Seilah cried out as she cast a Nurture spell on him to repair his wounds. Koi couldn't hear Seilah from the roar of his flames, so he continued to build them and move towards her. Seilah fired an arrows at his feet, and tripped him up for a moment. The fireling was stopped in his tracks, but quickly started to burn through the branches. Maugrim wasted no time, and dove headfirst into his inferno, clamping down on his neck. Koi's inferno vanished, and he collapsed with Maugrim on his back. The Demon Wolf let go of his hold, and Seilah cast another healing spell on him before he bled out. Maugrim vanished, pulled back into the earth like a flower growing in reverse, and Seilah laid out on her back, exhausted. Koi was speechless, and laid there too.

Koi and Seilah both agreed that this was enough for one day.
Posted Dec 20, 18 · OP · Last edited Dec 20, 18 by AquaticSpi...
List
Undo
Votes:
+115
The Path of War Part I

Seilah hurriedly picked up around the Infirmary. A few dust bunnies here, a few drops of blood there. Sheets stained by bodily fluids, and left behind personal belongings.

"Quick, get her inside! Lay her down gently, please!"

A voice snapped Seilah out of her work, and she poked her head outside of one of the rooms she was cleaning. She blinked, caught off guard by the sight of 37. 37 was a warg girl, sort of strange and wild, who came around the Guild very often. She was covered from head to toe in horrible slash wounds, burns, and some sort of strange laser-like injury. Seilah dropped her broom immediately, and scurried over to 57, the person carrying 37. Seilah said in a commanding tone, "Lay her down on a bed in the left wing. I'll be with you shortly, I'm going to go get some medicines." At that, Seilah whisked herself down the elegant stone steps outside of the Infirmary and circled around to the Apothecary. She scooped up a handful of glowing bottles, and then went back into the Infirmary. She made a B-line for 37, who was sitting on a bed with a scrunched up face. She was unconscious, but you didn't have to be a genius to see that she wasn't resting peacefully. Seilah put a hand on 57's back, and asked him to move aside. He nodded, and went out to sit in the hallway. Seilah closed her eyes, and began to concentrate energy on her palms. She extended her arms and held them just above 37's horribly disfigured body. Seilah let out the collected energy in her palms, activating a powerful healing spell. It took the form of a warm, sky blue light emanating from her palms. The light fell upon 37 like a steady river, and dripped into her spirit. Seilah made a kneading motion with her hands, pushing and pulling the light into and out of 37's body. Each time it penetrated, 37 regained some of her strength and stirred. Slowly, her cells began to regenerate. Seilah turns her head to the hallway without breaking the healing spell, and said to 57, "Reach into the bag on the floor behind me, there's a vial of glowing red liquid. Give it to me." 57 complied, and handed the bottle to Seilah. She uncorked the top, and put a hand behind 37's head. "She's lost a lot of blood, I need to replenish her strength so her heart can make more, hold her mouth open." 57 pried her mouth open, and Seilah poured the potion down her throat. She quickly set the bottle aside and reactivated her healing magic, and this time the regenerative process sped up considerably. "There you go. Come back to us, 37," Seilah cooed. She continued to pour healing energy into 37, until most of the wounds had vanished and the warg began to wake up. Finally, 37 opened her eyes and inhaled sharply. Seilah put her hands down, and stopped casting healing magic. She put a hand on 37's forehead and said in a motherly tone, "Calm down. You're safe now, you're ok. You're in the Bloodfall Infirmary." Seilah waited on the fear and confusion in 37's eyes to vanish, and asked, "I know you just woke up.. but these injuries were unlike anything I've ever seen." 37 nodded, and Seilah continued, "Could you tell me who did this to you?"

The warg closed her eyes, and said one name in a voice choked by fatigue and sleep.

"Redmond"

Part II Coming Soon.
Posted Jan 17, 19 · OP
List
Undo
Votes:
+115
The Path of War Part II

Seilah marched down to the War Meeting room below the Infirmary filled with thick, white hot rage. On the walk there, she decided to take deep breaths and remind herself of things to be grateful for. Trees, flowers, water, Wildaven, and friends. She went over and over those 5 things until the spite in her heart dulled to valid anger. She pushed the door open, and it swung inwards with a particularly loud creak. Jason and a newcomer to Daylight, Sundrie, jerked their heads towards the angry Wood Nymph. Seilah wasted no time, and immediately spoke her piece before the two men had a chance to react to the situation. "We have to kill Redmond, he nearly killed 37. She's not even part of Daylight, he's attacking people affiliated with us even though he claims to only have quarrels with out undead members. This has gone too far, I am finished letting him push us around."

Jason sort of just looked at Seilah, and Sundrie held his tongue. Just as Seilah started to wonder why nobody was saying anything, Jason responded in a sort of shocked tone. "Well, um. You're right Seilah, but this is common knowledge. We've all already agreed that what you just said needs to happen." Seilah cut him off, and said, "No. I wasn't done. I have a plan, a war plan." Jason raised an eyebrow, now fully interested in this "plan". She went on, "Jason, I know I'm the Healer, not a warrior or a vampire. I can't really fight, but my idea revolves around summoning magic, and I'll need to be the one that does it. For several years, I've had the ability to summon a Wither from the Nether, so long as I have the right ingredients for the spell." Jason rubbed his forehead disapprovingly, and said in a gentle tone, "Seilah, I appreciate your help but a Wither wouldn't be strong enough to take out Redmond." Seilah retorted, "I agree. That's why he isn't the target. Serenity is, and the shrine to Akwal there." Jason's eyes widened, actually finding this idea to be good. Seilah was practically gleaming with pride, so happy to feel like she was actually helping her Guild.

She was desperate to prove herself, you see. We all know what happens to those who work hard only to prove something to others.

Chaos.

-Redmond Attacks-

Seilah was sitting in the infirmary twiddling her thumbs, when she heard the distinct sound of Drastan's deep, sexy voice. He called out, "Redmond is attacking! Warriors, Medics, to the battlefield!" Seilah leapt up, knowing this to be the perfect distraction. Drastan slipped his consciousness into Seilah's, and said, "If you're going to do this, now's the time. We'll keep him busy. Good luck." She wished him luck, and sprinted to the docks hidden by Bloodfall's walls. She peeked around the edge of the stone, finding Redmond engaged in a ferocious battle with Jason, Sundrie, Redmond and Lucy. She wanted more than anything to join them, but knew she could do more in this war outside the combat zone. Seilah grabbed two large, dark oak oars from storage and hopped into a jungle wood boat. She silently and secretly slipped away, and by some miracle, Redmond didn't see her.

*At Serenity*

Seilah dragged her boat onto the beach outside of Redmond's city, careful to avoid the watchful eyes of the guards. She ran to the wall just ahead, and stuck to it like glue so as to avoid the gaze of the residents of Serenity. She slunk her away along, back to the wall, feet half dangling over the ocean. After a painful amount of shimmying, she finally found a spot to summon the demon. She set out the soul sand and 3 wither skulls, placing them out 1 by 1 with expert craftsmanship. Just as she was about to set down the final skull, she stopped. Her hand trembled, thinking of all the devastation and havoc it would wreak upon the innocents of Serenity. She closed her eyes, and bit her bottom lip. "This is war. I have to put aside my feelings and fight for my family, my guild. My home."

That was a lie, she was only interested in prove that she was powerful too.

She set down the skull, and was immediately blasted backwards onto a nearby mini island by an intense surge of energy. The soul sand and wither skulls pulsed and writhed, slowly turning into a demon from the fell underworld. She watched in both horror and awe, before she realized it was staring right back at her.

It was about to attack.

Gathering her wits as quickly as possible, she swam to shore and started running towards the entrance of Serenity, with a Wither not 10 feet behind her. It was casting a hail of explosive skulls upon her and anything, anyone, and anywhere near. She passed through the entrance just as wither skulls rained upon the innocents, splattering Seilah's face with blood. She didn't stop, though. She kept running and running, guiding the wither towards Redmond's Akwal Shrine. After what seemed like the death count of a plague and a decade, Seilah reached the Shrine. She was nearly dead on her feet, drained of magic almost entirely after such a huge spell, not to mention the tax on her physical energy. She started to climb, nearly falling to her death while the Wither attempted to slay her. In the process, all it's attacks hit Redmond's shrine. Seilah reached the top, finally out of options, out of places to run. She closed her eyes and waited for death to come. There was horrible, cold sense of dread in her stomach. A sense of helplessness, weakness.

Yet, she wasn't dead. She hesitantly opened her eyes one at a time, and realized the Wither was nowhere to be found, yet she could hear explosions and angry demon sounds not 10 feet away. She poked her head over the edge of the top of the shrine, to find the Wither trapped behind water, in between solid rocks. It was spastic, firing explosives left and right, but it was trapped. Seilah sighed with relief, happy to be alive, and surprised at how well this worked out. An explosive demon in an Akwalian Shrine, blasting it and the surrounding city nearly constantly was even more dramatic than her initial assumptions.

She drew a rune on the ground, and turned around to face the devastation left behind in Serenity. She squinted her eyes, and then looked at her blood covered hands.

"What have I done?"

-The Path of War Ends-
Posted Feb 15, 19 · OP
List
Undo
NoticeNotices